Friday May 7, 2021
Close your eyes and envision your perfect home — now open them and let’s make it happen! When you build a new Medallion home, you’ll be able to choose from rows of carpet and hardwood samples, kitchen and bath tiles, lighting choices, granite and quartz countertops, kitchen and bath cabinets, and more in our 2,200-square-foot showroom. Ready to feel like a kid in a candy store?
For all of your seasonal gatherings, themed happy hours, book clubs and movie nights, visits from family and friends, and of course, quiet time to yourself, you deserve a space that reflects your personality and style, inside and out. At Medallion Home, we allow you to choose the features and finishes that suit you best, so that your home looks and feels just like you.
Choosing the details of your home while staying within your budget may seem overwhelming, but you can rest assured that our talented design team will be with you every step of the way. They’ll get to know you and what you’re looking for, making this personalized process as easy and stress-free as possible.
Take a look at the seven things you should do to make your design appointment a breeze!
Design Your New Home in Florida
1) Stick to Your Timeline: The building process is truly an incredible combination of moving parts, and your design center appointment is considered a critical event. Your appointment must be made within 10 days of your contract date, and any changes will impact the timeline of new construction and must be mutually agreed upon and documented. On your appointment day, plan for about six hours of meeting time. We'll start with the exterior selections, then move to the interior colors, finishes and flooring, making your selections room by room. It seems like a lot, but it goes quickly when you’re having fun and designing your future home!
2) Start a Lookbook: Think of this task as the most fun homework assignment you’ve ever gotten. A lookbook is a collection of photos that you put together to draw inspiration from. Browse sites like Pinterest, Architectural Digest, Elle Decor, Country Living, Better Homes and Gardens, and whichever publication catches your eye! Create a folder of photos on your desktop or print them out to start visualizing exactly what you want.
3) Write Out Your Must-Haves: When it comes to your dream home, you most likely have a few “must-haves” that are non-negotiable. Whether it’s light kitchen cabinets, quartz countertops, brushed nickel finishes, dark hardwood floors, beige tile, and more, make sure to keep a list of things that you’re absolutely set on. Writing out a list will save you time while allowing you to really focus on the design elements that you’re not entirely sure about yet.
4) Know Your Budget: If you go into your design appointment with a clear idea of what you’re hoping to spend (and how flexible you can be), you can make the best use of your time and feel confident with all of your choices. Our expert design specialists work with budgets of all sizes and will make sure to take you through all of the options that fit within your own, so you can be sure that you’re not missing out on anything.
5) Get a Head Start: The early bird catches the worm, right? Before your appointment, you can take a virtual tour of the design center to help you get acclimated to all of our options. After all, there’s nothing more fun than a “sneak peek” to get a head start on your selections. You are also welcome to visit our model homes at any time!
6) Rest and Eat Well: With the help of our design team, you are designing an entire home in just a day! Be sure you are well rested before your appointment, so that you are alert and ready to make decisions. Dress comfortably in clothes and shoes that you can move around in for long periods of time, and bring a sweater or jacket in case you get chilly indoors. Don’t forget to eat before your appointment! We recommend a healthy meal to keep you focused and energized, and you are more than welcome to bring snacks and store them in our refrigerator. We also offer a variety of snacks and beverages to keep you going throughout your appointment!
7) Have Fun! Most importantly, prepare to have fun. This part of the process is all about creating the heart and soul of your home, and we want it to be enjoyable from beginning to end. Feel confident in your choices, keep an open mind, and start bringing your dream home to life!
Not only will our talented designers assist you, but they will be a valuable resource of information about design trends, materials, products, and prices for your personal needs and budget. And with little bit of preparation, you can rest assured that this experience will be one to never forget. From all of us at Medallion Home, happy designing!