Monday March 16, 2020
Step outside and take a breath of fresh, clean air — spring has arrived! What better way to celebrate the season of new beginnings than by freshening up your Medallion home? From your window sills to your pillows, small changes make a big difference in the look and feel of your living space.
Spring Cleaning and Decorating Tips
This season, make some easy adjustments to your beautiful home to start out the best time of the year right. Here are a few of our favorite tips for a fresh spring vibe in 2020.
- Welcome Home: Spruce up your outdoor welcome mat by hosing it down and letting it air-dry. Another effective way of stopping dirt in its tracks (no pun intended) is to use a mat on the inside of your door as well. If you already have one, vacuum both sides of it to really get the dirt out for a new season of visitors.
- Bubble Fun: Did you know that one of your favorite beverages is also one of the best cleaning agents for your refrigerator? After you’ve thrown out food you don’t want, give your appliance a deep clean with a mixture of salt and soda water. The “abrasive texture of the salt” mixes with the bubbles to scrub grime away.
- Dust It Off: Even the simplest tasks can make a big impact. Dusting off the surfaces of your home, from your coffee table to your kitchen counters to your window sills, can give your entire home a squeaky clean feel. With a cloth or store-bought duster, get around places like coffeemaker nooks, pictures frames, and vases.
- Trash Talk: Believe it not, your trash can needs some cleaning love too. Although this might not sound like the most fun chore, you’ll be singing its praises once your trash can is as good as new. Completely empty your kitchen trash can, spray it with a disinfectant, scrub it with a toilet brush, and voila! The smells are long gone.
- Bedroom Beauty: Without a doubt, there are few places more special in your home than your luxurious and cozy bedroom. Refresh your bed with a bright, new look, like light-colored duvets and sheets or floral pillowcases. A colorful throw rug or a new plant also add pops of color and new life to your wide open space.
- Flower Power: The most prominent sign of spring, fresh flowers make this time of the year so enjoyable. Whether in your master bedroom, dining room, kitchen, or on your lanai, sweet-smelling flowers like lilacs, tulips, and daffodils make your home feel clean, light, and beautiful… and most of all, as happy as can be.
- Gut Your Garage: Let’s face it, it’s not difficult to let the things in your garage pile up. With the official start of spring around the corner, make it a point to tackle your garage! After sorting items into piles (keep, donate, sell, recycle), do a little dusting, sweeping, and wiping down, and it’ll be as good as new in no time.
There’s no better combination than Florida sunshine and springtime scents! This season, make sure your new Florida home feels just as fresh as it does outside with a little bit of cleaning. From all of us at Medallion Home, have a happy and refreshing spring!